Old February 3rd 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Mike Coslo Mike Coslo is offline

Default Will "no code" license result in meaningful growth?

Cecil Moore wrote in news:z8Twh.51868$QU1.17938
@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net:

wrote:
What does amateur radio not offer now that it once did?

One example: First on the scene with emergency
mobile communications.

In the 1950's, I was the fifth person to arrive
upon the scene of a severe auto accident and the
first one with mobile communications with which
to call for help.

Nowadays, the first four people would have cell
phones. Even if I were the first on the scene,
I would use my cell phone, not my mobile ham rig.

I tried calling 911 once, but couldn't find the 11 key.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -