Old February 3rd 07, 08:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KH6HZ KH6HZ is offline

Default Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...

"Mike Coslo" wrote:

Element one is gone. The hams who fought code elimination for so many
years, many with unbridled hatred for uncoded hams,

I've yet to see anyone ever post any "proof" of this claim.

Personally, I've never encountered it on the air. I've never looked up the
callsign of someone who has been licensed and made a decision not to
communicate with them on the basis of their callsign. Neither has any other
ham operator I'm aware of. In thousands of contacts I've had, and listened
to, I've never heard someone shunned on their basis of their license class,
or their lack of a morse code examination.

Oh, I'm sure there are some out there. I'm sure some ham operators out there
still believe in Santa Claus too. There are probably a few Gay Pagan
Dyslexic hams out there as well.

Should I characterize ham radio, or even "many" ham radio operators, on the
basis of those claims?

No.

73
kh6hz