Old February 4th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser Frank Dresser is offline

Default zenith transoceanic battery packs

"tack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Howdy all;
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a source anyplace for
the type of connector used in the zenith transoceanic battery packs.
I have a few of these radios, and I would like to create myself some
power packs.

[snip]

I made a power pack connector using 1/8" brass tubing, a sheet of thin
plastic and a PVC pipe cap. I made a pattern for the plastic sheet by
adhering some tape over the radio's connector and punching the excess tape
out of the holes. The pattern I made ended being a little off, but
oversized holes and a little epoxy glue fixed it up. The pipe cap formed a
sleeve to protect the new connector. The cap isn't absolutely necessary.

1/8" copper rivets would probably be easier to make into plugs, rather than
cutting brass tubing to length.

Although I made the connector for a Hallicrafters TW-1000, the batteries are
the same as the Zenith Transoceanic.

Frank Dresser