Old February 5th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Stefan Wolfe Stefan Wolfe is offline

Default Will "no code" license result in meaningful growth?

"robert casey" wrote in message
link.net...

The ARRL should place a few ads in CB magazines to announce the no code HF
licenses. Not that we would want "freebander" style activity to leak into
the ham bands, but some "freebanders" may want to "repent" and get into
legal radio (sure, it sounds hokey, but what the hell...). But it needs
to be clear that they must quit the "freeband" once they become hams. And
maybe some elmers can help them convert that "lynaear" into a clean and
proper linear for 10m....

I've never really run into a situation where I have needed a linear
amplifier for 10m. When the band is open, 100W PEP or less is all your need
on 10m. When the band is not open, 5KW will not help.