Old February 5th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA Pete KE9OA is offline

Default Yaesu FRG-7700 receives AM, not SW

I just downloaded the service manual from mods.dk. Your receiver does use
switching diodes for the preselector, along with an MC14555 chip that drives
them. The 50 Ohm input has a 4700pF coupling cap. The long wire input had a
different path.
If you have a high speed internet connection you can register at www.mods.dk
and download the manual. This will give you a good starting point.

Pete

"saki" wrote in message
Jon Doe wrote:

Try using some spray tuner cleaner on the backside of the
bandswitch.. Looks like it may not be functioning.

I'll do that, though it appears that the bandswitch is working okay. At
least when I change bands the frequency readout changes too and I hear
different levels of white noise.

Thanks for the suggestion!

----