Old February 5th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default antenna with out of line elements

On 3 Feb, 19:51, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
Has anyone modeled what happens to the signal of a triband 3 element antenna
that has one or more of the elements that has slipped on the boom say 10 or
20 deg ?

Also saw in an old magazine an antenna for 2 meters that had each element
offset by about 5 or 10 deg around the boom to produce circular
polarization. Will this actually work or is it wishful thinking ?

Ralph you are getting very close to reality.If all your elements are
close to individual
resonance then slippage upto 30 degrees will be to your advantage. At
the same
time your total gain will consist of the addition of all other
polarizations including circular

With respect to the 2 meter antenna, if I remember correctly the
successive angles must
be between around 20 to 30 degrees and none of the elements will
measure a half wave
length since they must all be resonant despite the coupling effects
which adds to
complications in manufacture.
Still if you feed one element at a time you can eventually get to
Eldorado, if not then
get in touch with your requirements and I will provide the dimensions
and if you have
any doubt you can use your own program to check its validity.
Have fun
Art