Old February 6th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Icom R71: How well does it stack up today?

In article om,
wrote:

Andy - are you back in the US now? I had an Icom R70 for a while and
loved it despite the weird end of band tuning thing and the
ergonomics. All-in-all I would consider it one of the top "DX
machines". I sent it to a friend of mine in CO to use. My present
collection includes and R-5000, R72, and NRD-525.

I can't figure why my wife's name was in the header on the last two
posts of mine (???)

Frank
K3YAZ
Tucson

Hi Frank

I'm still living near Dubai working at a college. By the way, I'm from
the UK originally, not the US.

I must admit, I've been very tempted by both the R-5000 and the
NRD-525. I bought an R-5000 on eBay a few years back but it was
faulty. It had great audio, though.

Snip

The are radios with better audio.

--