Old February 6th 07, 07:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Billy Smith Billy Smith is offline

Default Patriot radio--a great site for frequencies!

Try something like The Nation Radio or Hightower Radio for more in that
area. There used to be a station called Radio For Peace International
out of Costa Rica but I think they are inactive now. But google
Hightower Radio and that should get you to some liberal progressive
talk. I don't know if you are in the whole satellite radio scene but
Sirius has a liberal channel at 146 on the satellite. Not to mention
sometimes if you have a regular C band or Ku band radio you can find
that too. It is worth a try and I am trying to figure out some more
stations you can try.

Once you get out of the bigger metros there is little liberal or
progressive talk on AM or FM. But probably the internet and satellite is
best for that. Shortwave has primarily been taken over by the religious
organizations and the usual hard core right wingers.

JimC wrote:

Shortwave radio is of interest to me because it permits me to listen to
lots of different views directly and without censorship, including those
of other countries. - The broadcasts on this "patriot" site seem to be
either conservative, or ultraconservative, or kooks. (Actually, views
like these are broadcast most of the day here in Texas, where we have
lots of rednecks who like to hear their biases and prejudices
rationalized and praised.) - But I'm into DXing because I wanted to hear
something different for a change. - Does anyone know of some good
programs of moderate, progressive, or even liberal views, broadcast in
English?

Thanks,
Jim

John Smith I wrote: