Old February 6th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Yagi antenna design question

Wes wrote:
op cit. I'm not "folding a portion of the element." If you subscribe
to the idea that part of the antenna can be "folded into" the feeder
and that by selecting the right feeder length you can "lengthen the
antenna" (as shown in a lot of old ARRL literature) then I have a new
limited space antenna for you. It's a one foot long radiator with a
variable length feeder (a la Cecil) that "makes up" the missing
antenna length.

Why didn't I think of that? The SWR on the ladder line on 40m
would only be 47,000,000:1 and the feedpoint impedance would
be 10 micro-ohms at system resonance.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com