Old February 6th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...

From: Dave Heil on Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:38:16 GMT

From: Dave Heil on Tue, 06 Feb 2007 01:16:22 GMT
wrote:

My statement is correct. N2EY has never been other than civilized with
you.

Which "civilization" are you talking about? :-)

Some Amazon River backwoods tribe using curare darts?

His demeanor is in direct contrast with yours, especially when you
reply to him.

Cranky has a psychological problem involving pedantry
and religious transgendering. His problem, not mine.

Your problem is much deeper. However, it MIGHT be
alleviated by your taking some Anger Management
counseling.

My statement is correct. The overwhelming majority of posters to this
newsgroup are licensed radio amateurs.

Should I be "overwhelmed?" :-) I'm not.

In here I'm not in the presence of gods, only some
cranky "superior" wannabes trying to push others
around.

"Precious" can be applied to a pair of cute 4-year-olds
who each got an amateur radio license in 1998.

The word "precious" may be applied to numerous things.

So, you still believe that pre-kindergarten 4-year-olds
have sufficient English comprehension to take and pass
written test elements for an amateur radio license? :-)

Good luck on that one, now.

A newsgroup is NOT amateur radio.

That's correct. This particular newsgroup deals with amateur radio.

So do several other newsgroups. However, NONE of them
seem to be concerned with getting anyone licensed in the
amateur radio service of the United States. That was
the point of "John Smith I" first posting in this thread.

So far, all that seems to be "dealt" is a bunch of middle-
school-minded macho adolescents busy tossing filth and
sexual innuendo around...or some olde-tyme "superiority"
fossils busy berating others and/or trying to push others
around.

On the whole, this newsgroup doesn't seem to be dealing
at all well with amateur radio.

You have NO AUTHORITY to demand all in here be licensed
for anything.

I've never made a demand that you obtain an amateur radio license.

That's obviously INCORRECT. YOU have wasted much memory
space with constant sniping, back-biting, arrogant
posturing (mostly on your alleged "superiority"), and
constant fabrication of others' "faults" which were no
faults, only differences of opinion.

In fact, I much prefer that you didn't.

You seem to desire that in ALL your newsgroup opponents.

Is that the very model of modern morseman amateur? To
restrict the PUBLIC airways of anyone but your own cozy
little clique of hive-mind hammatures? Yes, it does
appear to be so! :-)

Precisely. You have yet to become a radio amateur. When and if you
ever obtain such a license, you'll be a new amateur radio op.

You are CONSTANTLY dwelling on "new ops" as if that were
some kind of pejorative. Why? Is it because the FCC
will no longer have morse code testing as a necessity to
become a licensed radio amateur? Or are those your own
personal issues which might be alleviated by Anger
Management counseling?

Maybe it is some kind of EGO thing, one of your imagining
you are always "superior" to those YOU consider "inferior?"
Oh, my, it seems like you have MANY personal issues!

I don't care about it, Len. It isn't an amateur radio license.
In amateur radio, it qualifies you for nothing.

INCORRECT. MISTAKE. FAULTY. A commercial radio operator
license enables any grantee to operate a transmitter on
MORE of the EM spectrum, using MORE modes than are allocated
to radio amateurs. That involves radio technologies which
have yet to be adapted by the "amateur community."

By human-made LAW at the federal level, licensed amateurs
are restricted to LAW-specified frequency bands and only
certain, specified modes of operation and modulation.
Radio amateurs cannot broadcast, cannot get monetary
compensation for their radio activies (some rare exceptions
such as in Part 97.113 (d)), cannot permit anyone but a
licensed control operator to operate their (or other
amateur) station transmitters. Note the use of "human-
made" as a descriptor. The LAW came into being as a
political thing, not some divine edict in which (licensed)
radio amateurs are somehow "superior" to all others. What
was made by humans can be deleted by humans. FCC 06-178
is as lawful as any other US amateur radio service
regulation and it has deleted your cherished code test.

I could go on and on about my technical-operational back-
ground but you would simply dismiss it in your usual
arrogant "superior" manner as if it were "nothing." You
just did that above. This only demonstrates your spiteful
selfish desire to be some kind of "superior" over others,
amply demonstrated in here for years.

Now how do you think that looks to those who are really
new to radio, any kind of radio? Do you think they will
worship you at your feet AS IF you were some god of radio?
Do you think it makes them proud just to be in the same
newsgroup with you? If you do, then you've got a really
bad case of Superiority Complex all mixed up with an even
larger Inferiority Complex. A complex confusion.

I predict that you will never obtain an amateur radio license during
your lifetime.

It's irrelevant as to whatever I do. If you keep on treating
me as something worse than dirt, then others will think that
you will treat them as dirt, or worse. They will get the
(demonstratably correct) idea that ALL olde-tyme morsemen
are elite snobs looking down on "lesser beings." NOT a
good attitude.

Your constant prodding, poking, sneering, and general un-
wholesome behavior about "newbies" and "neophytes" makes it
clear that YOUR motivation is merely to make fun of, to
ridicule and demean all your newsgroup opponents. You are
trying to "set up" some kind of future commentary. That's
so predictable that you might as well make graphics lighted
by neon. For example, in my case, three possible courses
of your future action:

1. I take no action towards getting an amateur radio license:
No change in your attitude, the same manufactured "faults"
you've been expressing all along, a constant barrage of snide
snarly remarks about "long interest" and "no action."

2. I try testing and fail any element: Accusations of
"stupdity," "inability to be as good as four-year-olds,"
and general cat-calling of a most uncivil nature. A general
set of uncomplimentary remarks including charges of an "age"
nature.

3. I try and succeed: Modified accusations, now along the
lines of snide, snarly, berating comments about "why didn't
I do that 'sooner?'" That would be followed by a "lecture"
of how I was "supposed to have gotten an amateur license
'first'!"

For any of the three possible scenarios I would proceed
on my own, for me, NOT on any remarks from a suspected
insane individual such as yourself.

You're the biggest control freak of all, Len. You want to control
regulations in something in which you play no part.

My advocacy of eliminating the code test was about GETTING
INTO amateur radio. The FCC did eliminate that code test
effect 23 Feb 07. Thousands commented to the FCC about
eliminating that code test, including myself. There is
NO LAW WHATSOEVER that restricted such commentary to ONLY
licensed persons in a particular civil radio service.

Do YOU spend all your time GETTING INTO amateur radio
through taking morse code tests? I don't think so.
YOU spend an inordinate amount of time trying to accuse
others of pushing YOU around! Oh, my, who could EVER
DARE push Heil around?!? Why you would just fabricate
some "faults" of theirs and try to get others to believe
that!

You've told us about the "sow" you've eaten in recent months.

INCORRECT. The FDA does not require labeling of ham
as to the gender of the animal butchered and packed.

A definition of ham: "The butchered meat of swine."

You're still at the starting line, Len.

IMPOSSIBLE. The only "starting line" in radio happened in
either Switzerland of 1895 or Italy of 1896, both done by
Guglielmo Marconi. That is historical fact. The only
dispute there is Marconi's experiments (few records were
kept) in Switzerland in 1895. Popov in Russia demonstrated
radio as a communications medium in 1896.

"Amateur radio" in the USA was legalized in 1912 with the
first US radio regulating agency. That defined "amateur"
as opposed to commercial or professional radio. The FCC
was created by an Act of Congress in 1934.

I was a radio-electronics hobbyist in 1947, became a
military-professional in HF radio in 1953, was granted
a commercial radio operator license in 1956, was
given first radio engineering design responsibility
in 1962. Is that your quaint "superior" arrogance in
saying I was NOT at ANY "starting line" in the past?

Is amateur radio some kind of unique physics phenomenon
that is totally unlike all other radio? It isn't. Why
do you persist in trying to say that? You must be
INSANE.

I am not licensed to counsel the INSANE. While I enjoy
fruitcake, you are not of good taste. Get your own
handlers. All the civil radio services will continue as
they have been doing regardless of what you spout in
here.

["signature" omitted due to upset of the great Heil in
others belonging to a professional association he cannot
be a part of]