Old February 7th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
U-Know-Who U-Know-Who is offline

Default Radio Modifications

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
KE5MBX wrote:
I agree on the MURS part after doing some reading. Seems to me though
that "you may use any means at your disposal in case of an emergency"
as the tech test says. I think you would even be legal in an
emergency.

I once ran out of gas on I10 in West Texas at night
during sub-freezing weather. After trying 146.52 for
about 20 minutes with no response, I considered that
to be enough of an emergency to tune my IC-706 to 4w
AM on the CB trucker's channel and ask for help.
A kind trucker gave me a lift to the next town and
another trucker gave me a lift back to my vehicle.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Actually, you used 4.2 watts, so it was illegal.

http://www.usenet.com