Old February 7th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default 10.9 MHz IF?

On Feb 7, 1:57 am, "Al Lorona" wrote:
Hi, Everybody,

Would anybody know offhand which rigs from maybe the 1960s through early
1980s era had an IF of 10.9 MHz? I have a number of 10.9 MHz crystal filters
built by Network Sciences (C-F Networks) that I bought some time ago that
were supposedly taken out of a ham rig and just out of curiosity wanted to
know which one.

I have seen 10.9 MHz crystal filters used in RC receivers from the
60's and 70's. Don't know if it was a technical reason or just "vendor
lock-in" for the channelized crystals (that's what the modelers told
me it was).

Tim.