Old February 7th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Fred Francis Fred Francis is offline

Default Composite Signal from Radio Receiver

On Feb 5, 6:15 pm, HardwareMonkey
wrote:
What you are saying makes sense conceptually. But finding the decoder
circuit seems a little rough. How would one recognize this?

The decoder IC can be located non technically by using an NTE or ECG
demiconductor reference guide available for free at most NTE or ECG
parts distributors. Look up th epart number for each IC and the
description. One the decoder IC is found the pinout for that IC can
also be found in the book giving you most of the info you need. The
loss I am referring to is not from the receiver but rather in the
circuit modifications made to it. If not done properly you will lose
pilot level due to impedance mismatch causing you problems in
remodulating the transmitter.

If you can come with some money I will do this for you. Let me know
what type of receiver you are using and we will work form there. I can
also provide you with a premodified receiver if you would rather go
that route.