Old February 7th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 07 Feb 2007 05:35:35 GMT

From: Dave Heil on Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:38:16 GMT
From: Dave Heil on Tue, 06 Feb 2007 01:16:22 GMT
wrote:

I didn't write "civilization", Leonard. I wrote "civilized."

You pedant in your pants again... :-)

Really, Len. I wrote "civilized". I see your new game. You'd like to
snip most of my words and those things to which I responded. I'll play
along.

Who doesn't?

Who doesn't what?

Who was "insulted?"

On which occasion?

What problems?

How can you formulate a solution if you don't recognize the problems?

You're being wishy-washy again.

Isn't that the usual result? :-)

Precisely.

Do you want a Don Knotts impersonation?

What's with your Don Knotts fetish?

You will have to
pay a minimum of scale rate. Guild rules...

It's all about money with you.

That's a good little Kommandant. Seig Heil!

Just how did you get that AFTRA card, Len?

Your waste matter?!?

It matters to me, Len.

I wrote about you, Len, not anyone but my own cozy little clique.

Ah!

I knew you'd understand.

That has nothing to do with it. All Morse Code tested amateur radio
licensees were new when they first obtained a license. All non-Morse
Code tested ops will be new when they are first licensed.

You say "all morse code tested amateur radio licensees..."
then say "all non-morse code tested ops." Why do you say
that non-morse code tested licensees are NOT licensed?

I said nothing of the kind. You are trying to make it appear that I did.

I'm superior to some in certain areas.

That seems to be ALL areas. :-)

Thanks for the compliment, but I didn't say it.

I'm inferior to others.

Impossible! The Grate Heil is great at ALL things amateur!

Again, thanks for the compliment.

Tsk, I'm not green at operating a radio. :-)

Tsk, tsk. You need to be more sensitive to the environment. :-)

Who is that?

It might have been Sean Penn. Maybe you can get his autograph.

I am forbidden to operate a radio on
a test bench with a dummy load? :-)

Do what you think will work for you, Len. :-)

I am inside and looking at a computer screen.

Can you see the fellow doing the typing on the outside of the screen?

The FCC "expects me to pass some exams?"

I don't think anyone at the Commission is making book on whether you'll
succeed. :-)

You "don't care?!?" After ALL those words berating
me? Tsk, tsk. You must CARE very deeply when you
go on and on and on and on and on about it...

You write like a fellow lobbying for a valentine. :-)

Hmmm...its about 10:45 PM local here...I don't know of any
24/7 VEC exam places that are open in southern California
now.

Rest easy. You've already put it off for seven years.

I wasn't really planning a third career as an IHOP cook...

If you need the money, you need the money... :-)

You keep saying that... :-)

Really, Len. Quit thinking about my pants. :-)

Yes, that is perfectly clear.

Are you back on the inside of the computer screen? :-)

You have a sneer. Tsk, tsk.

I have an Orion. Poor baby.

Yas, yas, you state the obvious. :-)

....and you still don't get it. :-)

"Addressed?" To whom?

The folks at Gettysburg! :-)

I am "history?" In which book of history am I?

"Famous Horse's Patoot's I Have Known". There's a whole chapter devoted
to you.

Am I on a film or TV documentary?

Apparently you're on the inside of a computer monitor.

Tsk, you keep saying I "make mistakes." Now you want me
gone and say I speak the "truth" about "going?" Which
is it? You contradict yourself.

You said you'd be gone, Len. It might be one of those things like your
"Extra right out of the box" though.

Awwww...that wouldn't have anything to do with my not
heaping gratuitous praise on your mighty diplomatic
mission in Guinea-Bisseau, would it?

You received the crate of cashews?

I'd probably think more of you if you took and
passed an exam for any class amateur radio exam. The "sooner" doesn't
matter.

Now, now, you contradict yourself again. You just said
your couldn't care less if I didn't become a licensed
radio amateur.

I don't believe that I said "couldn't care less", Len. I could care
less. I'd probably think a little better of you if you actually took
and passed a license exam. Don't get all choked up though. I said "a
little more".

Try to keep your sneering arrogant
commentary on-track, OK?

It wasn't sneering, Len. It was offered as my heart-felt thoughts on
the three scenarios you presented--the ones you snipped.

The time you wasted typing your fingers to the bone here in
r.r.a.p. is your time.

Tsk, I've never "typed fingers to the bone." Skin has
always been intact. 22 years and many millions of
characters later, my fingers are still intact.

Pedant? Pants?

I eliminate waste regularly.

Your own?

You've taken longer to get into amateur radio than any individual
I've heard of.

You, of course, have "heard of all." :-)

Over the past 43 years, I *have* heard it all. You take the cake.

[all gods of radio are that way...]

Who are the gods of radio, Len?

My advocacy in here has always been to eliminate the code
test in any amateur radio license test.

Yet, for the past decade your unpleasant and pontificating style has
gotten in the way of that self-appointed advocacy.

Yet, you are
still confused about that.

No, Len, I'm not confuse about what you say are your reasons. You've
told us oodles of times. Based upon your posts to this newsgroup, I
simply don't believe you.

Doesn't that give you some
inclination that something is wrong with YOU?

On the contrary, it gives me confidence that you are unable to realize
just how you have behaved here.

True.

Don't tense up, Len. The question was multiple choice.

Who is capable of pushing me around?

The FCC?

Nope, I'd have to violate one of the regs of my licensing. I don't do
that. Any other guesses?

Am I going to be searching for my teeth?

I don't know. Did you lose them AGAIN?

If you don't know, who would? You issued a threat and then included a
little smiley.

No one needs fabricate faults of yours, Len.

San Andreas kept denying HIS fault and look what happened...

Take heed!

You're no closer to an amateur radio license than you were decades back.

Tsk, you keep saying I was after an amateur radio license.

Naw, Len, you're waaaayyyyy before an amateur radio license.

I kept stating what my advocacy was.

....and we all know that your "advocacy" was much, much more.

You keep on with
your fabrication of "my desires." :-)

You've stated interest. You've stated desire. You've stated, "Extra
right out of the box". Then you've vacillated.

INCORRECT. FAULTY. MISTAKE.

Yes, you've been guilty of numerous factual errors. Don't be too hard
on yourself.

Dave K8MN