Old February 8th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Icom r71a won't power on

In article . com,
"Joe Analssandrini" wrote:

On Feb 6, 10:30 pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article .com,
"Joe Analssandrini" wrote:

Dear Sir,

I replied to your post yesterday, I got a message stating that my post
was successful, but it has not shown up here. So I'll repeat what I
wrote.

Snip

You might want to reset the news group in your news reader. Your news
reader may be out of sync with your news server.

This phenomenon (message not "taking") has happened to me previously
but only two or three times in the last several years. I have seen
some others complain of the same thing from time to time. I do not use
a news reader program; I just go to http://groups.google.com/groups?
hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=rec.radio.shortwave and generally
have no problem.

Do you think it has anything to do with sunspots? ;-)

P.S. Thanks for trying to help me. Your posts are always of interest.
What radio would you recommend as a first receiver for this person?

No problem. I think your problem has to do with article numbers. Your
news reader determines what articles to display based on what you have
already read, which is marked as such. When the news server gets reset
the numbering can change and some new articles from you and other people
may not be displayed. You can reset the news group or un-suscribe and
then re-subscribe to reset the news group in your news reader. You will
have to re-mark all old articles read again that are still on your news
server.

I think a good first new receiver would be an Eton E1.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California