Old February 8th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Antennas led astray

Cecil Moore wrote:
Dave Oldridge wrote:
Nobody that I know of, but we're getting to the point where we can see
almost that far back.

Seems to me all we can see is back to the point where
things are moving away from our relative position at
less than the speed of light. Did you know that the
red shift is quantitized, i.e. not continuous, even
within the same galaxy?

All parts of any given galaxy are not moving toward or away from us at
the same speed, unless the galaxy is perfectly perpendicular to us.

Is your red-shift issue about the red shift itself, or about the
magnitude of the shift? And if "variable seconds" is the culprit, how
are blue shifted stars accommodated in your model?

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -