Old February 9th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Antennas led astray

Michael Coslo wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Michael Coslo wrote:
Doppler effect is readily observable at audio and RF wavelengths. It
is widely accepted that the effect continues at light wavelengths.

The question is: Are all frequency shifts in the
universe caused by Doppler effects? I say no.
I say some frequency shifts are relativity effects.

Which is the gravitational redshift. Or do you propose another type
too?

The "expanding" space between two galaxies could be
a relativity effect and the shorter second due to
relativity effects naturally results in a lower
measured frequency.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com