Old February 9th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Antennas led astray

Jim Kelley wrote:
So at modest velocities the apparent shift would be all
doppler, but at relativistic velocities the temporal aspect would become
more significant. I believe this is one explanation for the apparent
'acceleration' effect, where you look far enough out and things appear
to be accelerating away from us, not just moving away.

What if we and everything around us are still traveling
near the speed of light compared to the center of the
Big Bang? What if our velocity compared to the center
of the Big Bang is actually decreasing. Decreasing
velocity implies decreasing mass, increasing standard
unit lengths, and decreasing standard units of time
all of which might fool our measurements of today.

The Big Bang may have happened 12.5 billion years ago
based on the length of our present seconds, but
measured using the center of the Big Bang as the time
frame reference, how long since the Big Bang?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com