Old February 9th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Sad Story

From: Paul W. Schleck 8 Feb 2007 15:28:01 -0600

In .com writes:
On Feb 7, 5:06 pm, " wrote:

I am waiting for the first actor to have an amateur radio
license. Will the ARRL dub them a "HAM Actor?" :-)

Sweetums you silly old putz, once again you're demonstrating how
completely out of touch with ham radio you really are. You want actors
who have been or are hams? We got 'em Sweets. In spades. How 'bout
Marlon Brando KE6PZH/FO5GJ?

Yup. In his 1994 interview with Larry King:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...04/lkl.00.html

Thank you ever so much for the cut-and-paste, Mr. Schleck.

All the licensed radio amateurs can now IDENTIFY with
ACTORS. "Actors" are those who play at being other
people. All will become FAMOUS as a result. Applause.

All is TRUTH if a licensed radio amateur says it is...
[yea, verily, verily...]

BRANDO: I still am a ham radio operator. As a matter of fact, I'm
updating my license, and I think it's wonderful. And with the new
international highway of communications, it is now very quickly falling
upon us. It's going to be tied up with computers. As a matter fact, I'm
on Online America.

Really? Not 'America Online?' :-)

Was Brando impersonating someone when he said that? Playing
a "part?" Is Larry King scrupulously 'honest' and totally
objective as an 'interviewer?' Brando fluffed a line?!?

Brando has been said to "impersonate others" on ham radio.
Why is it 'impossible' for him to IMPERSONATE someone he
may not be on broadcast TV? Marlon Brando is an excellent
ACTOR, no doubt.

Or Priscilla Presley.

Certainly. Though you have to look her up under her maiden name of
"Beaulieu" to find her in the callbook (N6YOS).

RIIIIGHTTTT..."Lou Lou Beaulieu"? :-) :-) :-)

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH. [sorry, couldn't hold it in...]

Will Donnie Osmond

There is a Donald Osmond of Tega Cay, SC, on www.qrz.com as
WD4SKT. However that bio states a birth year of 1954.
Singer-entertainer Donny Osmond was born in 1957 according
to The World Almanac. Looks good at 50.

N6KGB was not the actor credited as Jimmy Stewart ("It's a Wonderful
Life", "Mr Smith Goes to Washington", etc.). However, he was an actor,
who appeared in credits by another name, Stewart Granger:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001289/

Tsk, I couldn't find any mention of 'amateur radio' on that
website. Did I do wrong? :-)

"Of course I did!" shouts a well-known transgendered
Sister..."a terrible MISTAKE, an ERROR, one of SO MANY!"

I recommend him in "King Solomon's Mines" and "Prisoner of Zenda."

OK, I'll call up Siskel Productions in Chicago and have
you booked on "Ebert and Roeper" as guest host. Sound
all right? Will you accept scale?

Sorry, but Leonard Maltin only reports solo...

Please give 'Andy Griffith' (WA7WYV) out in Pima, AZ, my very
best wishes. I hope he doesn't fall off his roof in Pacific
Palisades, CA, trying to fix his TV antenna again. Did he
move to AZ to avoid falling accidents?

Oh, and I can't celebrate communion with W8JK in downtown
Los Angeles. I'm not Catholic nor does W8JK seem to be on
the official records for anyone, not even Roger Cardinal
Mahoney. Praise the Lord!

Keep those Lists and "corrections" coming so all you olde-
tymers can keep coming? Here. Whatever. Wherever.

Excuse me, I have to go to market to buy more Alpeaux for
my dog Fideaux.

LA