Old February 9th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Sad Story

From: on 7 Feb 2007 16:45:25 -0800

On Feb 7, 5:06 pm, " wrote:

How 'bout Marlon Brando KE6PZH/FO5GJ?

What about him? He was a borderline nut-case...

Heck, so are you, Leonard. But you aren't a radio amateur.

Did Marlon Brando have a dog named "Fideaux?" :-)

Phydeaux.

Tsk, you will find that celebrities generate all kinds of
tales from all the wanna-bes, those that want to attach
Their activity to the rich/famous...in hopes that others
will "respect" them by having the rich/famous aura rub off
on them.

We've experienced something similar here in r.r.a.p. There's a guy
who's been posting here for over a decade, trying to get some amateur
radio aura to rub off on him. He don't get no respect.

Am I or anyone SUPPOSED to accept the ARRL's "word" for
it that whatever They say is "TRUTH?" No.

It doesn't really make any difference whether your do or whether you
don't, Len--really.

ARRL is a
membership organization and a publication manufacterer.

All the PROFESSIONAL writers I know use the term "publisher."
Of course they also use the word "manufacturer" rather than the less
well known "manufacterer."

Note: Younger folk cannot 'connect' to Andy Devine of
many years ago, that being before their time. They
MIGHT be able to recognize 'Devine,' a transsexual
actor of more modern times. NO relationship.

I'd love to hear more about the actor "Devine". There was one called
"Divine", but he died.

Some REAL people in the entertainment industry WERE
licensed radio amateurs. One is the author of the
novel "The French Atlantic Affair" wherein an on-
board passenger helps thwart hijackers of a fictitious
French ocean liner through a ham radio contact with a
Santa Monica, CA, amateur relaying to the Rand
Corporation. Good novel, long but suspenseful, was
made into a terribly-distorted two-part microseries
for TV. Look him up on Amazon. SK.

I didn't need to look him up, Len. I knew him.

Roy Neal (professional name, SK), long-time KNBC-TV
reporter here, good air appearance, watched him work
before a remote camera at the LA Convention Center.

I didn't need to look him up, Len. I knew him.

Sonny, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
(AMPAS) AND the Association of Film and Radio Artists
(AFTRA) aren't "small" or "hobby" organizations in the
Multi-BILLION-dollar industry of entertainment...,

It seems that the AFTRA card holder in our midst has forgotten to
include the word beginning with "T" in the name of the organization.

Here's your chance, Len. You have the AFTRA card. If you had opened
the box containing that brand new Extra Class ticket, you could have
been a contender.

Dave K8MN