Old February 9th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default antenna with out of line elements

On Feb 9, 10:41 am, "art" wrote:
On 9 Feb, 00:27, "Jimmie D" wrote:

The group as a whole is not ready to accept anything that is not
written in
any book. Humans by their very nature are unwilling to accept change
so the
generation that comes along to suck up all that is written is the one
that
advances in science.
Art

I could care less about books, although I do have quite a few.
I'm more convinced when I actually see something work.
If you are convinced this theory of yours has merit, why
can't you build one of the things and test it?
All this gaussian jibber jabber doesn't mean squat if you can't
build , test, and demonstrate one in the real world.
I read books, but I also usually test things in the real world to
verify the info is correct. Trust me, not much of what is in books
is wrong. Some is, but it's fairly rare overall.
If I were to come up with some new design, I would have built,
tested, and compared, before I even made any announcement
about the theory.
I get the impression that you cook up all these ideas, but
rarely actually test them in the real world.
That's no way to live, if you don't want the negative flak.
MK