Old February 9th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Larry Dighera Larry Dighera is offline

Default Antenna Questions

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:07:51 -0600, Bob Miller
wrote in :

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 20:29:00 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

[snip]
HF Antenna:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3377.html
The Alpha Delta DX-ULTRA

I had a sloper version of this antenna about 15 years ago for
listening purposes. Excellent reception, and built like a tank.

I wonder what the performance difference would be between the inverted
'V' and the 'Sloper?' In light of your comment below, the end-fed
sloper might be a better choice easthetically.

It's pretty visible -- not exactly a stealthy antenna, but works
awfully well.

bob
k5qwg

That's good to know. I suppose the antenna element insulation is
black not gray. I wonder if there's any way to change that. I
suppose a latex-based paint would work to change the color to
something less obtrusive until it pealed off. Any thoughts.

Thank you for sharing your first hand experience with Alpha-Delta
products. Much appreciated.