Old February 10th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David G. Nagel David G. Nagel is offline

Default Science Fair Project

T wrote:
All i want is to be able to pick up the signal from my "transmitter"
with an am-radio across the room.

Ok. I have been watching the discussion on this thread for a while now.
Some people have attempted to help, others just wasted band width.

The situation is that you want to do a demonstration that involves
transmitting a signal and receiving it.

FCC part 15 regulations specify that a low power am transmitter can not
exceed a very low power level ( I don't remember off hand how much) and
the antenna must be attached to the transmitter and must not exceed
about 5 or 6 feet.

Any am transmitter that meets these limitations will function in the
manner you desire to exhibit. Any am receiver will detect the signal
from the transmitter over a distance of 50 to several hundred feet.
There are many suppliers of these devices.

Just do a Google search for "Part 15 Transmitters" and you will find
more than you can use. Siple receivers can be obtained from similar sources.

I do not know what you intend to do but don't concern your self to much
on finding the electronic equipment you need, it is readly available and
fairly inexpensive.

Good Luck

David Nagel
WD9BDZ