Old February 9th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default Is there, or should there be, a Morse code beginner's frequency?

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

likely to be worse if Dee is correct in forming us that the novice cw
bands have had general phone pushed into them for phone ops

Dee may be correct regarding competition for band space. However, I still
think more operators are likely to know where the 'novice' subbands are
located (most hams have a band-plan chart somewhere in their shack) than
they are going to know the 'FISTS' regular calling frequencies.

Correction to Mark's comment. I said phone NOT General phone. It went to
the Advanced and Extra licensees.

With so many having internet access these days, it's not hard to find the
FISTS calling frequencies.

However, I'd recommend to the new people that they be the ones to call CQ.
Since the courteous thing to do is to answer a CQ at the speed it is sent,
they have a very good chance of getting someone who will slow down for them.

Dee, N8UZE