Old February 10th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Carter-k8vt Carter-k8vt is offline

Default (OT) eBay and Sniping Service

SamSez wrote:

On the other hand, if you are patting yourself on the back on how smart
you were sniping in a last minute bid that DOES win an item -- just
remember before patting yourself TOO hard -- nobody in the vast number of
people who looked at that item for the past N days thought it was worth
as much as you were stupid enough to pay at the last minute...

You aren't the one getting the bargain -- you are the one catching
bidding fever and winding up paying to much!

Again, QUITE judgmental of you. Why are they 'stupid' and why might it
be "too much"? It may be too much for you but not necessarily for them.
They may have a strong nostalgic attachment from their childhood, it may
have been something actually owned by their dear, departed mother and
they want it at any price, any one of a hundred reasons why *THEY* want
it and *YOU* think it's too much.

Snipe away -- particularly on anything I'm selling. I love seeing it.
It always results in more in my pocket than I would have expected.

Amen! I agree 100%; FWIW I am 99% a seller (who -loves- auction fever),
rarely buy and when I do, I don't snipe. Just place the max bid I'm
willing to pay. Sniping is just a tool that some people think may, on
occasion, be valuable to -them-. Who are you to judge them?