Old February 10th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David G. Nagel David G. Nagel is offline

Default Science Fair Project

John wrote:
"David G. Nagel" wrote in message

FCC part 15 regulations specify that a low power am transmitter can not
exceed a very low power level ( I don't remember off hand how much)

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/w...7cfr15_06.html

PART 15_RADIO FREQUENCY DEVICES--Table of Contents
Subpart C_Intentional Radiators
Sec. 15.219 Operation in the band 510-1705 kHz.

(a) The total input power to the final radio frequency stage
(exclusive of filament or heater power) shall not exceed 100 milliwatts.

and the antenna must be attached to the transmitter and must not exceed
about 5 or 6 feet.(b) The total length of the transmission line, antenna

and ground

lead (if used) shall not exceed 3 meters.

Thank you for the information. This is something I know but not in
intimate detail. This is what the student was looking for but the dark
side of the net had to have it's way with the subject.

I hope it helps the student with his science project.

Dave Nagel
WD9BDZ