Old February 10th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Science Fair Project

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:06:06 -0600, "David G. Nagel"
wrote:

I hope it helps the student with his science project.

Hi Dave,

That is of infinite improbability. How many times do we have to tell
adult amateur radio enthusiasts the necessity of matching (a warning
already offered from the shadows of this thread)?

So, shall we consider the merit of a total length of 3 meters in the
AM band? If this discussion is so studiously avoided by those who
weep away about the dearth of information, what chance does a naive
student have to rummage up the details?

The Rr summons up to roughly 20mOhms. Are any of the scolds going to
offer the implications of this value? Are there any suggestions of
using commercial tower sections to cut down on Ohmic loss? Any
matching details for the massive SWR? Any hints on how to load the
structure? Details for a top hat? Would the top hat consume part of
that 3 meter restriction?

Would a loop perform better? What dimensions? How to build the
capacitors? Talk about underwhelming help....

the dark side of the net had to have it's way with the subject.

The dark side is not patronizing with soothing but impotent nostrums.
The topic reduces to one of two resolutions:
1. Deep consideration of many issues;
2. Buy a kit that works as advertised.
One takes many here a lifetime of consideration and books are devoted
to this study, the other satisfies a need.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC