Old February 10th 07, 10:32 PM posted to aus.radio.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.broadcasting
restore24-7 restore24-7 is offline

Default RDS-FM versus AM-SS - Data steam systems for radio

On Feb 10, 10:38 pm, "matt cook" wrote:
On Feb 8, 11:28 am, ausWY wrote:

I've seen various cars with RDS enabled systems, such as the Ford Focus,
my friend's Peugeot, the VW Golf, etc. My car's aftermarket Sony tuner
also has RDS capabilities.

Pretty much all car radios from recent years are RDS compatible. It's
uncommon on home receivers though. LW reception is now also fairly
common on car stereos.