Old February 11th 07, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Ed Zeranski Ed Zeranski is offline

Default Hammarlund HQ-170

Hello to the group, I am setting up a vintage station and just bought
an unknown/untested HQ-170 on eBay.

Mine is a 170A-VHF_no clock. The odd ball problem I had was the 6C4 in the
first osc caused noise with increased rx sig strength. The original was dead
so one was installed from a brand new stick of NIB RCA 6C4s. Sometimes the
dials slip too but I still like the radio OK. Hammys are OK here.
HQ-120, HQ-150, HQ-110A, HQ-170A-VHF, EAC R390A ( #237 1960 contract)

EdZ