Old February 11th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] spaam_this@hotmail.com is offline

Default (OT) eBay and Sniping Service

On Feb 9, 8:53 pm, SamSez wrote:
You still don't get it. If you place a higher value on it than I do,
fine, you still don't need to 'snipe' it to get it. Just bid what YOU
want to pay.

The 'stupid' part is thinking you are getting one over on somebody bysniping.

If everyone bid the most they were willing to pay the FIRST (and only)
time they bid, you'd be right. But a large % of ebayers don't
understand proxy bidding and don't bid their max.

So you're wrong.

There are other reasons why sniping is the best strategy, but since
you can't get past the obvious one, I won't tax your brain with the
rest.