Old July 20th 03, 12:57 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

The stuff I did point to the actual impedance, not the SWR that does the bad
thing. For instance, a load of 25 Ohms greatly increases the internal
dissipation; a load of 100 Ohms greatly reduces it. If you go too high with
the impedance, you start to saturate the hell out of the device, and other
things happen.

Did you melt the plates on the 1625s or burn out the grids? Your feedline
might have opened an odd multiple of 1/4 wave from the radio.

Tam/WB2TT
"W5DXP" wrote in message
Roy Lewallen wrote:
The "reflected power" is not dissipated in the source, matched or not.

If reflected energy could not cause over-current/over-voltage
problems in the source there would be no need for protection
circuitry. I once burned up a pair of ARC-5 1625's because my
feedline came unsoldered at the antenna. If there had not been
any reflected power, it would not have happened.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp