Old October 27th 03, 10:05 PM
Thierry

Default G5RV on 160m. Where goes the signal ?

Hi,

I used a multiband dipole G5RV 31M (100') with balun 4:1 during the last CQ
WW.
I also wrote a text about its uses so I understand quite well how it works,
excepting when it doesn t work...

I.e. For tests I tried to use it on the 160m band where the dipole is not
cut for with the hope to be able to work at least some near stations (over
the skip distance). Thay worked well with a longwire 30m long, so I
suspected that that could work with this one too. Negative.

At the output of my RTX the signal was strong, 100W PEP, but at first sight
no signal was emitting by the antenna.
I have found nowhere an information about this, no diagram or whatever.

What becomes all the energy sent by my TX on 160m ? What become de standing
waves and reactive load ? Is it possible than all 100W are lost in the coax
or the feeder without be emitted ?

Who could explain me this ?

Thanks

Thierry