Old February 12th 07, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dr.Ace Dr.Ace is offline

Default Will there be post-NoCode exams?

"KH6HZ" wrote in message
extremely doubtful

I suspect other organizations, like FISTS, may step up to the plate and
offer some type of competency certificates, if you're really interested in
such things.

Despite what you read here, from a few embittered people who feel the code
exam "persecuted" them, most hams on the airwaves really don't care if you
passed a 5, 13, or 20wpm code test or not.

Why? Well, if I CQ in morse code on a frequency at 25wpm, and you respond,
and we have a nice conversation -- does it really matter if you "passed" a
20wpm code test or not?

73
kh6hz

Well said Mike.