Old February 12th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default shove it Jim

On Feb 12, 9:30�am, wrote:

On Feb 12, 12:24?am, "
From: Leo on Sun, 11 Feb 2007 14:38:34 -0500
From: Leo on Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:25:53 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:49:50 -0500
From: Leo on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:35:00 -0500
From: Leo on Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:03:16 -0500
On 7 Feb 2007 15:29:04 -0800, wrote:
On Feb 7, 4:40?pm, Leo wrote:
On 7 Feb 2007 03:25:23 -0800, wrote:

*Technician and Technician Plus together = 351,811 or 49.46%

*50% of 711,274 is exactly 355,637 or 3,826 more than 351,811.

That's right.

But your claim was that Technicians outnumbered
all other license classes combined.

They don't.

* * * *f Spanky wants to say that 49.46% is NOT
* *EXACTLY 50% then he
*7ould be technically right,
* *but ten kinds of WRONG on judging
*0eople.

50.54% is more than 49.46%, Len.

You asked:

"Don't you realize that Technician class is now bigger
than ALL other US license classes combined?"

And I replied:

I don't realize it, because it's not true.

And it isn't.

Note: Rounding off 49.46% to two integers *IS* 50%!

No, Len, it's not.

Rounding off 49.46% to two integers is 49%.

You made another factual error!

you title was not addressed by your content

Mark, it isn't safe to correct the "reknowned amateur historian."

He might put on his Habit and spank your knuckles with her
ruler.

Once in a while one must deliberately insert a "wrong" phrase
to make them happy. They are happiest when they feel they
are "superior." :-)

Poor guy (or whatever) is just unhappy about LOSING the
R&O. We all have to do our part in trying to make them
happy and content in their "superiority."

Yank, yank, push, push, oh what a relief they get... :-)

LA