Old February 12th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier Mark Zenier is offline

Default how well can you hear 9840 right now? (voice of russia) and where are u?

In article ,
Mark Zenier wrote:
In article .com,
tom k in L.A. wrote:

how well can you hear 9840 right now (voice of russia english
service)? I'm in LA and can barely hear it-- i'm trying to get VOR to
broadcast in the 49m band which might help reception. your feedback
would be useful.

I tried to find a VOR transmission on the evening when I first read your
thread on the subject. I found 9840, but the signal was too crummy to ID,
so I never posted a followup. Just tonight, I got a listenable signal
at 8:11 PM Seattle time (04:11 UTC, Feb. 8) but it faded out in about
15 minutes.

It makes you wonder if somebody read these threads and told them about it.

VOR on 9840 was S9+10dB last night from 04:00 to 06:00 UTC (Feb 12).

Mark Zenier