Old February 13th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default Simple wideband audio amplifier circuit?

) writes:
Hello,

I have been looking around the web for a complete kit for an audio
amplifier, for a circuit that I am building that needs to have a wide,
flat as possible frequency response (0Hz - 100Khz). Need to be able to
bring 400mV up to line level. I have seen several kits based on a
LM386, but I can't find any specs that show that circuit is reliable
beyond 20hz - 20Khz. I am a beginner, so keep that in mind when
responding.

-Scott, WU2X

But you may be looking for the wrong thing. That's not an audio amplifier,
that's a wideband amplifier. A good op-amp is likely going to be what
you want, because line level is no more than a volt (if even that), so
a gain of about 3 is going to be enough. Of course, if you are driving
something out of the ordinary, that may require something more.

Micahel VE2BVW