Old February 13th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.shortwave
wavetrapper wavetrapper is offline

Default ARRL Now Only Wants No Code Hams - Holding Midnight Exams

Having observed issues and changes in recent years, I think the
question that has to be asked at some point is whether or not the ARRL
should continue to attempt to influence rules, laws, etc. The money
that they have to be spending on legal efforts, lobbying, etc has got
to be significant. I think any objective observer would conclude that
their ability to influence legislation, FCC rules, etc in recent years
has been pretty dismal. Earlier in their history, the ARRL had the
ability to do this. Times change. In today's world, the Imperial FCC
chooses to do what it wants to do, selectively uses public comments
that support their pre-determined outcomes, fails to enforce its own
rules and is happy ignore factual data or public sentiment in the
process. Resources may be better spent in providing new and different
services to members rather than flush it down the commode under the
banner of "fighting city hall."

Russ
K3Pi