Old February 14th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Antenna Modeling Software

On 14 Feb, 08:18, "art" wrote:
On 13 Feb, 22:20, "Black Sheep"
wrote:

I am looking to purchase some antenna modeling software.
Can anyone make a suggestion as to which one they think is the best,
easiest to use and best value for the money.

I would buy only programs that allow for variables in dimensions such
that the program can migrate towards more advantageous models. I
really see no advantage purchasing a program that solely determines
the merits of a model
that you alone have put together. The variable dimension forms tho
more expensive than the standard forms are now comming down in price
tho one in South Africa is still in the four figure range for
unlimited pulses and variable dimensions but there are some that are a
lot less expensive as more algorithms come to the fore.
Art

I just remembered that with respect to that expensive South African
program that if you were a student you would be eligable to purchase
it for a period of one year for about $80 which may well allow you the
time to choose a more applicible purchase for your needs
Art