Old February 14th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Rich Rich is offline

Default HD AM in NJ/NY ?

Well, from what I can hear there are only 3 stations left on the air
transmitting the IBOC signal on AM in the NY/NJ area. 660, 710 and 770. It
would seem to me that it is'nt catching on at all. I have never purchased
an AM HD radio because they are so expensive and non-available for the
most part and I am glad to have waited. FM may be better for IBOC but I
can't tell if they are broadcasting IBOC..it may be a success on FM if
radios get cheap and available.