Old February 14th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default HD AM in NJ/NY ?

Steve wrote:

On Feb 14, 9:51 am, Rich wrote:
Well, from what I can hear there are only 3 stations left on the air
transmitting the IBOC signal on AM in the NY/NJ area. 660, 710 and 770. It
would seem to me that it is'nt catching on at all. I have never purchased
an AM HD radio because they are so expensive and non-available for the
most part and I am glad to have waited. FM may be better for IBOC but I
can't tell if they are broadcasting IBOC..it may be a success on FM if
radios get cheap and available.

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:http://www.opera.com/mail/

Interest in the NYC area is spectacularly low, despite the catchy
sales slogan:

"It's high fidelity, just like FM--only you have to buy a special
radio. And the program content will be basically the same content you
already hear and don't care for on analog AM. And the signal won't
carry as well, and there'll be drop outs. Don't miss out!"

Damn, you're really gonna **** Edweenie off with that..

dxAce
Michigan
USA