Old February 14th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tester Tester is offline

Default HD AM in NJ/NY ?

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:51:05 -0500, Rich
wrote:

Well, from what I can hear there are only 3 stations left on the air
transmitting the IBOC signal on AM in the NY/NJ area. 660, 710 and 770. It
would seem to me that it is'nt catching on at all. I have never purchased
an AM HD radio because they are so expensive and non-available for the
most part and I am glad to have waited. FM may be better for IBOC but I
can't tell if they are broadcasting IBOC..it may be a success on FM if
radios get cheap and available.

http://www.nyradiotv.com/digitalradio.htm

WFAN 660 (Infinity, sports, 50 kw)
WOR 710 (Buckley, talk, 50 kw)
WABC 770 (Disney, talk, 50 kw)
WNYC 820 (non-profit, variety)
WADO 1280 (Univision - news in Spanish)

Also, WCBS 880 (50 kw) and WINS 1010 (50 kw but Canadian clear
channel) (both Infinity all news outlets) say so on their web pages
(wcbs880.com and 1010wins.com)

Googling around, I also see that Multiethnic's WPAT (930, Spanish
music, Patterson, NJ) has an HD license which they use from time to
time.

I don't see any indication that the two other 50 kw AM outlets in NYC
(Disney sports WEPN 1050, Canadian clear channel, and Disney kids
WQEW, 1560) are HD.