Old February 15th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Quantity Over Quality (Was: Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...)

From: Leo on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:50:23 -0500

wrote:
On Feb 13, 7:15?pm, Leo wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007 16:43:31 -0800, wrote:
On Feb 13, 5:13?pm, Leo wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:12:59 -0500, Leo wrote:
On 8 Feb 2007 18:01:57 -0800, wrote:

If 250,000 miles isn't accurate enough for you, then you must fault
your buddy Len too. Because he stated the distance as a quarter
million miles....

Hiding behind Len now, are we....?

Never thought I'd see the day!

(him too, I'd reckon.....)

TRUE! Maybe it's because tomorrow (the 14th) is Valentine's
Day and he has a crush on me? :-( [horrors!]

Gaaaaaaaaaah! What an image that created!!!

Quick....pass the mental floss!

Ech...I have these moments every time I come in to this
Din of Inequity... :-(

That was quite odd.

I thought it quite SOP (Standard Operating Practice) of him.

It seems to be......it's odd, though.

True, but you have to realize where you are and what he is.

You yourself have 'acknowledged' it many times in past correspondence
with me, over the past three years.

You forgot, huh? understand.

Tsk, one of the first signs of dreaded Alzheimer's...

...or Wizenheimers....

Hee hee...

Actually, Len was only off a few fractions of a percent, by your own -
ahem - calculations. You, however, were definitely in the 100%-plus
error category. Galactically speaking, of course.

I wonder on how many spacecraft this double-degreed
wonderman has worked? "NASA-aly" speaking of
course.

...I can picture him at the controls of Rocketship X-8, one hand on
the controls and the other tuning his trusty recycled BC-221 frequency
meter (reference: his homepage - looks like the set of "Plan 9 From
Outer Space, sans shower curtain and collander helmets) as he heads
off on the first manned mission to Mars.....wherever that
is.....shoulda verified those calcs....!*#$%^....

Mental picture of Cranky Spanky trying to "correct" the
guys at JPL, especially their QC folks. :-)

He once claimed that Industry Canada was wrong......look out, JPL!

I'll pass the warning on to them. JPL is just a whoop and
a holler from my place...been there...:-)

Too approximate. You're either precise or approximate - you can't
have it both ways!

He wants to have his cake and eat anyone who says he can't!

Heh.....that's fer sure! More bark than bite, though......

"The squeaky wheel gets de grease" as the old saying goes.
He gottum two degrease, collitch degrease. From a
university that was the SECOND one to build an electronic
computer...

Stopped watch theory. See above.

Cranky ought to apply for a job at NIST. He's got an Allan
Variance no one would believe!

now THAT'S funny! Best one yet!

Watch. Cranky will search for "Allan Variance," then start
lecturing about it...("he knew it all along")

Note: You can lead a horologist to water but you can't
make him prostitute himself...

True...but if he fell in, would he be a clock soaker?

Heeeeee! Five Stars for that one! Superb. :-)

Chow,
LA