Old April 8th 04, 06:30 AM
WG

The US tests are so easy that I can see the extra class people not knowing
the length of a 1/2 wave for 40 meters. I am only licensed Basic in Canada
and just for fun I did the extra class exam on the QRZ web site. Scored in
the mid 70% range with no studding and I am not the brightest light-bulb in
the tree. Especially when it comes to math.

"S" wrote in message
et...
Ok lets start this over again

Hi Moody,

The ansewr to your question, if you intend to use it on the upper portion

of
the band (tuned to 146Mhz) would be 48.12 inches.

Aside from your asking antenna question here, also check out the ARRL
Handbook, as you will find the answers to simple questions, others get
annoyed at LOL

also visit the http://www.qsl.net/w4sat/antenna.htm website.

As far as the point you expressed Bob, I agree with you somewhat. Not all
Techs dont know anything. I have spoken to many Advanced/Extra that cant
figure out the length of a dipole for 40m, or how to program the memory in
the 2m radio. Even go as far as "you are not on frequency, and you dont

need
to say over on a repeater". Now it makes me made when, me being a Tech

needs
to answer these questions

Take in to the account of why many join the ham ranks. Not all are

technical
minded people, or not yet atleast

73

Steve KC2GOG

"Moody1951" wrote in message
Please help me out with the math. What is the length of a 5/8s

wavelength
2
meter antenna? I've got something that might be able to be cut to the

freq.

Thanks