Old February 15th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Largest Amateur Radio Organization?

wrote:
On Feb 14, 11:36?pm, Dave Heil wrote:

In amateur radio, it is the biggest potato there is, here in the U.S.

Actually, Dave, I think the ARRL may be the largest amateur radio
organization in the world, or at least the largest national amateur
radio
organization.

I think you're correct.

According to
www.AH0A.org, JARL membership is now well under
100,000. What other amateur radio organization even comes close
to 100,000 members?

I hedged my bet, thinking of JARL. I have a few copies of Japan's "CQ
Ham Radio" which are as thick as big city phone books.

Dave K8MN