Old February 16th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default REPOST: 3rd RFD: rec.radio.amateur.moderated moderated (LAST CALL FOR COMMENTS)

The following was received on 15 Feb 07 in private e-mail
apparently as a response to my double-posted commentary
on the "Third RFD" posting by Paul Schleck:

news.groups.proposals was established to provide a congenial and
constructive place for discussion of new groups or changes to the
group list. Your submission has been rejected because it is not
consistent with this goal.

Of course...

I refuse to be assimilated into the Collective. :-)

"Congenial and constructive" discussion is apparently
making gratuitous nice-nice to the Big 8. shrug

Content that is not conducive to the development of a proposal is
disallowed, including personal attacks, derogatory nicknames,
repetitive arguments, and flames.

"Flames?" For mentioning a popular villain-figure
in the Star Trek fictional universe? Of course...

"Repetitive arguments?" Much of the "Third RFD" posting
was repetitive (almost to an extreme).

"Derogatory nicknames?" I think not. No one person was
NAMED in any way. However, it is clear I've "nicked"
some un-named person. Dreadfully sorry, old chop.

"Personal attacks?" How can there be such if NO person
was named?

You may wish to tone down your language and resubmit.

I do not.

Unless there has been a Revolution in the United States
of America in the last few hours, we citizens still
enjoy a measure of Freedom in expressing ourselves. That
is a Constitutional Right. I spent four years of my
life serving my country in the U.S. Army in order to help
defend that Constitution.

"Form letters" are common in the publishing industry.
I did not submit any manuscript for consideration of
purchase by the "Big 8." Ergo, with no money involved,
the "Big 8" has NO control over my actions, nor should
it expect to. All it can do is control and suppress
(partially) my commentary. It has successfully
suppressed my comments to "the Collective," but it has
failed to suppress my comments here. Tsk.

Best wishes for further Control and Suppression in the
future. Please be cognizant of the very real fact of
MANY avenues of free expression still open to all.

You can read
the charter of news.groups.proposals at http://www.big-8.org/~ngp/.

Done some while ago. Try not to assume that all are
ignorant of Ozymandias' Mighty Works.

I must congratulate this anonymous "moderator" on the
assumption that I CAN read. Yes, I can. Thank you.

Please direct your queries to .

Please direct YOUR queries to fellow members of the
Collective. Enjoy the hive mind experience.

Thank you,

- Moderator.

You are welcome, I'm sure, Your (or whomever).

genuflect

LA