Old February 17th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Quantity Over Quality (Was: Unwritten policy and the intent of the average amateur ...)

On 14 Feb 2007 22:43:58 -0800, "
From: Leo on Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:50:23 -0500
wrote:
On Feb 13, 7:15?pm, Leo wrote:
On 13 Feb 2007 16:43:31 -0800, wrote:
On Feb 13, 5:13?pm, Leo wrote:
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:12:59 -0500, Leo wrote:
On 8 Feb 2007 18:01:57 -0800, wrote:

If 250,000 miles isn't accurate enough for you, then you must fault
your buddy Len too. Because he stated the distance as a quarter
million miles....

Hiding behind Len now, are we....?

Never thought I'd see the day!

(him too, I'd reckon.....)

* TRUE! *Maybe it's because tomorrow (the 14th) is Valentine's
* Day and he has a crush on me? *:-( * *[horrors!]

Gaaaaaaaaaah! *What an image that created!!!

Quick....pass the mental floss! *

* Ech...I have these moments every time I come in to this
* Din of Inequity... *:-(

Quite natural, that..... *

Well, it's cheaper than going to those fake Hollywood horror
movies and I can have my own popcorn.

That was quite odd.

* I thought it quite SOP (Standard Operating Practice) of him.

It seems to be......it's odd, though.

* True, but you have to realize where you are and what he is.

And where he is......still hiding (behind you? - hey, move over and
let's see! *hee hee!) , unable to face reality.

Well, he lost his cool yesterday and gave K4YZ a slap on
the wrist with a wet noodle. He do dat 'bout twice a year
(perhaps to show off his "manliness"?).

There are quite a few lines in the preceeding posts that he has chosen
not to comment on......no rebuttal, no contest. *Guess he figured that
no one would notice!

I'll be happy to point them out again when he returns with another
load of chaff..... *

No matter to me. Hey, the guy has a "judge roy bean" complex
and wants to be "all the law east of the Pecos." Let him.
shrug

* Mental picture of Cranky Spanky trying to "correct" the
* guys at JPL, especially their QC folks. *:-)

He once claimed that Industry Canada was wrong......look out, JPL!

* I'll pass the warning on to them. *JPL is just a whoop and
* a holler from my place...been there...:-)

Do they have a wind tunnel? *They could null him out with a bit of
Newton's Third....

They 'borrow' one from another NASA agency. That was the
one they rigged to test the Mars Rover's "bouncing balloon"
deployment system. That was shown on a recent TV cable
documentary.

While JPL started out with JATO bottle design in WW2,
they drifted off into unmanned spacecraft by the 1960s
and stayed in that field of work, divorced organizationally
from California Institute of Technology (their origin) and
established somewhat close to Pasadena's Rose Bowl.
Note: "Somewhat" is an Angeleno term and "somewhat
close" could be several miles to us down here. :-)

Too approximate. *You're either precise or approximate - you can't
have it both ways!

* He wants to have his cake and eat anyone who says he can't!

Heh.....that's fer sure! *More bark than bite, though......

* "The squeaky wheel gets de grease" as the old saying goes.
* He gottum two degrease, collitch degrease. *From a
* university that was the SECOND one to build an electronic
* computer...

Without his help, fortunately.... *

Yes! :-) But Eckert and Mauchly DID crib ideas from
Atanasof at Iowa State...as was proven in the federal
copyright trial held in the US much after ENIAC had
been sold off.

Stopped watch theory. *See above.

* Cranky ought to apply for a job at NIST. *He's got an Allan
* Variance no one would believe!

now THAT'S funny! *Best one yet!

* Watch. *Cranky will search for "Allan Variance," then start
* lecturing about it...("he knew it all along")

Maybe not....he's got enough balls in the air already, figuratively
speaking....

...or maybe literally speaking! :-)

* Note: *You can lead a horologist to water but you can't
* make him prostitute himself...

True...but if he fell in, would he be a clock soaker?

* Heeeeee! *Five Stars for that one! *Superb. *:-)

Thanks!

You're welcome. A nice variant on the stock packer at a
hosiery maker: A sock tucker.

Ba-dum-bump!

[Heil off to one side, muttering, "You're not funny, Leonard."]

LA

[No electrons were annhilated in the writing of this message...]