Old February 17th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KH6HZ KH6HZ is offline

Default Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote:

Cancelling a dozen fraudulent callsigns is "inaction."

The FCC never cancelled a dozen callsigns. One has to wonder how you passed
an amateur radio exam given you seem to fail basic math. Perhaps Riley
should require you to be retested.

Nor were the callsigns "fraudulent". The cancelled callsigns were 100% valid
callsigns issued by the FCC. A callsign issued by the FCC cannot be
fraudulent by its very definition.

What? You just had "verbal" meeting minutes? You didn't get them in
writing???

Where in 97.5(b)(2) does it state meeting minutes are a requirement?

There were no clubs, there were no members, and there were no
documents of organization.

Define a "document of organization". Charter issed by the State? IRS
recognition as a non-profit organization? A 1-sheet piece of paper that says
"We're a club, this is what we do, and the club license trustee is manager
ad infinitum"?

Guess what? That 97.5(b)(2) doesn't define what a 'document of organization'
is, so a 1-page or 1-paragraph description suffices.

There were no meetings, and there were no minutes recorded.

There is no definition in 97.5(b)(2) as to how often a club has to have
meetings, how long those meetings have to be, how the meetings have to be
publicized, or that the 'minutes' of any meetings held be maintained.

A group of 5 hams getting together informally several times a year, chatting
over coffee, and participating in a DF "foxhunt", fully meets the
requirements of 97.5(b)(2)

If you want to stomp your feet and jump up and down some more, be my guest.
Doesn't change the facts -- which anyone can google and see for themselves.

Now, go take a quinapril, we don't want you to burst a blood vessel.