Old February 17th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Cobra 2010 loses Tx audio

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 01:59:59 -0600, "Pete KE9OA"
wrote in
:

Another eBay special that "worked perfectly". It doesn't matter if I put in
an external audio source from an audio oscillator or a microphone. I've
tried three good microphones, and have the same problem. When I first key
the mic, Tx audio is fine, but it quickly, almost abruptly fades after about
2 seconds. Has anybody seen this problem?

Pete

Assuming your ground plane is at least nine square feet.....

Someone screwed with the audio AGC. Whoever did it probably screwed up
other stuff, too. You should take it to a shop to have the whole radio
re-aligned.