Old February 17th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave
Henry Kolesnik Henry Kolesnik is offline

Default Hammarlund PRO-310 ??

It missed the mark in its day but today they're scarce and quite
collectible. I recall reading the review back in 56 when I was in high
school and have been after one ever since. this is the second one I've
ever seen. Kinda like if there was only one dandelion everyone would
like to have in their lawn.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
.. .

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
nk.net...
The PRO-310 is a gorgeous receiver. Unfortunately, it has a case
built inside a case and is very difficult to work on. On the
broadcast band, it is single conversion, which presents a problem for
images.

There were two different color models and they were too expensive to
manufacture. They are certainly collector's items.

Colin K7FM

Well, lots of receivers are single conversion on the broadcast band
and do not have image problems. It seems to me that the PRO-310 did
have some problems, something to do with the gain structure I think.
It got fixed but they were simply too expensive to compete at the
time. For about the same price one could buy a 75A4, which is arguably
a better ham receiver and could buy RX such as the GPR-90 for less
money.
It would be interesting to know the story behind the PRO-310, it was
beautiful, worked well, but just missed the mark.

--
---
Richard Knoppow