Old February 17th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
KH6HZ KH6HZ is offline

Default Residence vs. Mailing Address

wrote:

What matters is what the regulations were back then, not
what they are now.

Exactly.

I've had a PO Box for years. Having a rural mainland address, there are
times when my mail will collect for weeks at a time when I'm not home
(having that ocean-going trawler based in WA takes a lot of my time...) I
also don't like having clients mail me checks to my mainland home, so I use
a PO Box.

From time to time, folks I work on projects with also receive mail at my PO
box. Case in point: About a year ago I was working on a project with "Mark".
We needed a piece of software to complete the job, so "Mark" ordered the
software for us on my company credit card. Rather than it coming addressed
to "My Company, My PO Box" (the correct ship-to address which is also my CC
billing address) it was shipped to "Mark, My PO Box".

The USPS delivered it just fine. Now, from time to time, "Mark" gets mail at
my PO Box. Apparently the company sold his name on a mailing list. Still
haven't heard a peep from the Postmaster. I suspect "Mark" could also
receive non-junk-mail at my PO box just fine. I suspect the Postmaster
doesn't care. After all, if anything "bad" was ever associated with my PO
Box, the Postmaster knows where to find me.

How are these cases any different from the use of a
Hawaiian post office box?

Brian doesn't have one?

MD is not the only amateur to be trustee of multiple club
callsigns.

Only 1 club callsign at the moment, which is used exclusively on our beacons
used for DF foxhunts.

What brought the whole issue to FCC's attention, anyway?

Riley's first letter to me references coorespondence from Jeff. Since there
is no official coorespondence in the record to suggest otherwise, it is my
personal opinion that Jeff did.

73
kh6hz